[MPlayer-users] mplayer -identify with ogm files

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Sun Jun 29 19:27:54 CEST 2003

Hi.

> the movie plays fine, I can seek... etc, but duration of the movie shows
> always "0", like this: "01:10:33/00:00:00"
>
> Is this a bug?

Nope, a shortcoming of the Ogm file format (or the mplayer demuxer -
depends on the point of view). You'd have to seek to the very last page,
get it's timestamp, and then you'd have the duration (probably! The Ogg
specs allow concatenating Ogg files with a simple "cat 1.ogg 2.ogg >
3.ogg", so the last timestamp might not belong to the first file...),
but this is not implemented.

--
 ==> Ciao, Mosu (Moritz Bunkus)