[MPlayer-users] More SBLive hwac3 woes

Matthew "Cheetah" Gabeler-Lee msg2 at po.cwru.edu
Fri Jun 27 22:08:01 CEST 2003

On Fri, 27 Jun 2003, Attila Kinali wrote:

> ----
> AF_pre: af format: 2 bps, 2 ch, 48000 hz, big endian AC3
> AF_pre: 48000Hz 2ch AC3
> ----
>
> How come you have only 2 channels ?
> Either mplayer mistdetects the number of channels or your
> file is a bit strange.
> Try -channels <n>

Well, -channels sets the number of *output* channels (according to the
manpage), and besides, with ac3 passthrough, the ac3 is getting sent bit
for bit to the external decoder.

For completness, I tried -channels 6, and it doesn't change the
mis-behavior.

--
	-Cheetah
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".