[MPlayer-users] Re: Invisible subtitles on SOME dvd's

Martin Kaletsch mano_k at gmx.de
Sat Jun 21 09:12:23 CEST 2003

On Saturday 21 June 2003 06:28, Jonathan Rogers wrote:

> Sumant S.R. Oemrawsingh wrote:
> > On certain dvd's (like region 2 Magnificent Warriors and other hong kong
> > legend dvds) the subtitles are completely invisible. I use the correct
> > -slang option, also tried the correct -sid option, -spuaa, -spualign etc.
>
> Have you tried it with other software players like Xine or Ogle? That
> could at least tell you whether this is MPlayer specific or not.

I had this problem in the past, too! I usualy managed to view the movie with
subtitles with recent versions of vlc. From ripping this dvds with
trancode/dvd::rip I got the impression that the pallette infomration in the
ifo files was screwed up. (But I don't have the faintest idea how a correct
ifo file looks like, so this is just a guess!)

If there is interest, I could try to find out which dvds had the problem and
make the ifos available.

... I just don't have the faintest idea which dvd(s) it was or if it may play
correct with recent mplayer now...

--
Martin Kaletsch