[MPlayer-users] feature request

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Fri Jun 20 18:09:35 CEST 2003

> scan functions like what exist on a VCR.  Press the FF key, and the program
> plays the video 5 or 10 times normal speed, perhaps by playing only every
> tenth frame.  Press the REW key, and the same thing happens, but in reverse.

In addition, it would be nice if the rate were a parameter, much like the seek command.

Along similare lines, slow motion and frame forward and backward too.  The plan is to use a jog and shuttle remote with lirc so that
I can zerro in on choice frames.

And yes, I agree that mplayer is awesome.

Carl K