[MPlayer-users] Re: [MEncoder] Synchonization lost when using Vorbis in a OGM

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Thu Jun 19 10:51:46 CEST 2003

Hi.

> Sure I can give you a sample. I am uploading a 60s chunk of the movie in
> question called "WeStand.ogm".

Thanks. Could you please also upload the AVI that you made this file
from?

> I noticed that Matroska has "real" MPEG-4 video types, though mkvmerge
> doesn't create them yet. Will that deal with this problem?

Nope. This is a question of how B frames are stored. In AVIs they're
often merged with an I or P frame and dummy frames are inserted instead
of them. mkvmerge simply copies those frames as they are at the moment
and does not separate the B frames from the other ones (which is
required for the native MPEG4 IDs).

--
 ==> Ciao, Mosu (Moritz Bunkus)