[MPlayer-users] Video hardware (Was: Re: Threading)

Gábor Lénárt lgb at lgb.hu
Thu Jun 19 10:23:21 CEST 2003

On Thu, Jun 19, 2003 at 10:23:19AM +0200, Niek Bergboer wrote:
> > Celeron 466 should be enough, Arpi played DVD's on Celeron 300 or such
> > I can't remember exectly. The main bottleneck is video hw here not CPU
> > I think ...
>
> Ok, so I have an NVidia GeForce4MX based card. It does seem to get
> negative reports in the MPlayer docs, but does anyone actually have that
> same experience with NVidia cards?

Not only the hardware counts, but your vo selection. Eg: using -vo x11
is not the fastest method of course ;) Maybe you should check if you've
installed Nvidia's linux driver stuff for your video card, and you use
-vo xv. Or try vidix drivers, however I don't know if it knows your card or not.

- Gábor (larta'H)