[MPlayer-users] Video hardware (Was: Re: Threading)

Niek Bergboer niek at bergboer.net
Thu Jun 19 10:23:19 CEST 2003

On Thu, Jun 19, 2003 at 08:41:15AM +0200, G?bor L?n?rt wrote:
> > Rather, I was wondering if it is anywhere near possible in MPlayer to
> > decode the audio and video (or the video itself) in two parallel
> > threads: I have a Dual Celeron 466 which is _just_ to slow to playback
> > DVDs and some DivX well, while only 1 CPU is used in MPlayer.

To be a bit more precize: with -framedrop it plays without the A/V
getting out of sync, but with about 5% framedrop.

> Celeron 466 should be enough, Arpi played DVD's on Celeron 300 or such
> I can't remember exectly. The main bottleneck is video hw here not CPU
> I think ...

Ok, so I have an NVidia GeForce4MX based card. It does seem to get
negative reports in the MPlayer docs, but does anyone actually have that
same experience with NVidia cards?

> - G?bor (larta'H)

Niek

--
  "Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape
   those who dream only by night."