[MPlayer-users] 0.90 source code no longer compiles

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Thu Jun 19 06:15:06 CEST 2003

On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 07:38:13PM -0400, The Wanderer wrote:
> On a somewhat different (and, I suspect, more RTFM-ish) note, is there
> documentation listing what all of the various abbreviations in the
> enabled/disabled section of the output of configure mean, and roughly
> what is needed to enable them? I've managed to get all the codecs but
> opendivx to enable in configure, and some things I know are
> hardware-specific methods I don't have, but things like bl and zr I have
> no idea what are.

OpenDivx is an ancient codec, the predecessor to divx4 before
divxnetworks decided to close the source back up. MPlayer used to
include opendivx source, but it was removed because of license issues
and because there was no point in having it. It's totally useless. (It
can't decode anything but opendivx-produced files, which are
nonexistent, and which lavc decodes fine anyway.)

Rich