[MPlayer-users] Threading in audio/video decoding

Niek Bergboer niek at bergboer.net
Wed Jun 18 22:38:41 CEST 2003

I know the issue of threading in MPlayer has been raised before, but I'm
not referring to multithreading in GUIs in this mail.

Rather, I was wondering if it is anywhere near possible in MPlayer to
decode the audio and video (or the video itself) in two parallel
threads: I have a Dual Celeron 466 which is _just_ to slow to playback
DVDs and some DivX well, while only 1 CPU is used in MPlayer.

Is this possible? And if so, how, or is anyone working on this?

Thanks in advance,

Niek
--
  "Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape
   those who dream only by night."