[MPlayer-users] Re: setting aspect after encoding

Jonathan Rogers jonner at teegra.net
Thu Jun 12 01:07:29 CEST 2003

D Richard Felker III wrote:
> I would strongly recommend *against* using movie-specific config
> files, since there is absolutely no way to override the settings in
> them. They take precedence over the command line, which is really
> stupid... :( Instead for stuff like this, I've just been putting a
> text file on the CD with instructions to the user on how to play the
> file correctly...

That is quite a dumb bug, but he wants to set the correct aspect. If he
puts the correct aspect in the movie-specific config file, why would
someone wish to override it on playback? I agree that it would be a bad
idea to set options like vop or fs in the file, but aspect seems safe
unless one frequently likes to squash or stretch his movie characters.

Jonathan Rogers