[MPlayer-users] setting aspect after encoding

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Wed Jun 11 04:50:33 CEST 2003

On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 at 02:31:40AM -0400, j.a.l wrote:
> while encoding i screewed up, setting aspect=1.33 instead of 1.78.
> is there a way to set the correct aspect ( perhaps by direct write on
> .avi offset ) but encoding it again ?????? ;

What you want is possible, but the work involved in making such a
program is significantly more than just re-encoding your movie. :)

BTW, in the future, run your output thru mplayer right after encoding
begins to make sure you haven't made any obvious errors like this...
That's what I do, and I catch myself making stupid mistakes all the
time (and then I get the chance to correct them).

Rich