[MPlayer-users] SB Live + AC3 -> only music and soudneffects, but no voices!

Wed Jun 11 20:55:50 CEST 2003

gabor wrote:

>let's say you have alsa9.
>
>if you have 6speakers:
>mplayer -ao alsa9:surround51 -channels 6

I tried this, and it does some surround, but when I resize the window,
or go fullscreen, it starts to act like there a bad contact in a wire,
if you know what I mean. When I resize all the time for a couple of
seconds, it tells me that my computer is too slow to play the movie,
which I doubt, because it's a P4 1.6Mhz, and it played fine in xine. But
I don't like xine that much because of the ugly interface and stuff...
 Can this really be a performance problem? When it would not act like
that, it would be all okay because finding the right settings in
alsamixer is only a matter of experimenting with it... Thanks!

Tom.