[MPlayer-users] SB Live + AC3 -> only music and soudneffects, but no voices!

gabor gabor at z10n.net
Mon Jun 9 11:49:10 CEST 2003

On Mon, 2003-06-09 at 09:13, MPlayer Mailinglist wrote:
> Vladimir I. Umnov wrote:
>
> >Some model of SBLive (like SB0100) has unknown AC97 codec (it control
> >volumes in center/lfe and in some models in rear) for
> >opensource.creative.com OSS driver. But this works with alsa9.
> >
> I am using alsa. But the docs of mplayer say that I have to use OSS if I
> want 5.1 sound...?

no, you don't have to(the following applies to sblive):

let's say you have alsa9.

now:
let's say you have 4speakers:
mplayer -ao alsa9:surround40 -channels 4

if you have 6speakers:
mplayer -ao alsa9:surround51 -channels 6

if you have oss:
4speakers:
mplayer -ao oss -channels 4

6speakers:
mplayer -ao oss -channels 6

(now finding the usable mixer bars in the alsa-mixer is a different
story... you have to use:Master,Wave,PCM,Wave-surround,Surround-digital)

bye,
gabor

--
"Don't worry. I used the back of my sword. Oh, it's double-sided.
Sorry." -Zelgadis, Slayers