[MPlayer-users] DirectFB and other stuff

Gábor Lénárt lgb at lgb.hu
Wed Jun 11 13:39:34 CEST 2003

On Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 09:32:35PM +1000, Dan wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> Would I be right in assuming that the DirectFB driver should only be
> used from the console and _not_ from within XDirectFB?

XDirectFB is a rootless X server on the top of DirectFB. At the point of view of
X applications running on XDirectFB it's an X11 server like any other ...
So I think it's a useless thing to do that, however I dunno what it will does
if you try ... Since both of XDirectFB and mplayer -vo directfb are "simple"
DirectFB applications ... So maybe it's some kind of concurent access from
the view point of DirectFB ...

- Gábor (larta'H)