[MPlayer-users] DirectFB and other stuff

Dan ayahuasca at internode.on.net
Wed Jun 11 13:32:35 CEST 2003

Hi all.

Would I be right in assuming that the DirectFB driver should only be
used from the console and _not_ from within XDirectFB?
I just got it (XDirectFB) working and tried mplayer -vo directfb out and
I got lots of flickering, and what looked like a status line thingy down
the bottom, but now video. No errors. Just flickering.

I'd really like to be able to use this combo, as I have a Radeon which
won't give TV-out under X, and my girlfriend doesn't wanna use the
console, so this is a nice solution - if it works.

If I can't use the directfb drivers, what options are there? I only seem
to be able to get the 'x11' driver working, but that bites and won't
zoom to fullscreen.

Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Thanks for any help!

Dan