[MPlayer-users] mplayer ignores language preference

Andrew J. Yeckel ay2b at queue.org
Wed Jun 11 02:05:17 CEST 2003

On Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 01:13:29AM +0200, Dominik Mierzejewski wrote:
> On Wednesday, 11 June 2003, Andrew J. Yeckel wrote:
> [...]
> > Any ideas what's wrong?  Is it possible to get a non-default language from
> > a dvd while using -dumpstream?
>
> Heh, I had the same "problem" a while ago, because I misunderstood how the
> -dumpstream option works. It dumps the whole stream, with all audio streams
> included, so you have to use -alang or -aid on the dumped stream, too.

Thanks, that worked.  I can't use -alang, but I can use -aid on the dumped
stream.

Given an mpeg stream with multiple audio streams, how can I (1) change
which audio stream is the default stream and (2) remove the streams that I
don't care about (to save space)?  I was thinking that I could use
'mpgdemux' (part of 'mpgtx') to demultiplex the streams, and then
remultiplex back only the streams that I cared about, but mpgdemux doesn't
seem to be demuxing the streem correctly.  What other tools might be
useful?

--Andy

--
"Those who would sacrifice essential liberty for temporary safety
 deserve neither liberty nor safety."