[MPlayer-users] Re: anybody encoded NIN live ????

j.a.l j.a.l at free.fr
Wed Jun 11 08:40:34 CEST 2003

Jonathan Rogers wrote:
> j.a.l wrote:
>
>> [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
>> can't manage to get something "just" correct. I encoded an hundred of
>> dvd : hq ~dvd, but with this one, whatever option, bitrate, size,
>> it's like fullscreen from a 160x120/100kbs !!! ( big scares all over
>> the screen )
>
> Are you talking about a music video or a horror movie?

Nine Inch Nails 2 dvd live

>> it'a a free zone, lot of light and contrast change but this don't
>> explain every thing
>>
>> here how insane it's become :
>> .... vcodec=mpeg4:vhq:v4mv:aspect=1.33:vbitrate=3000:vpass=1 -vop
>> pp=lb,scale=640:480 -sws 2 .....
>>
> Are you complaining about the quality of output from a first pass?
> You're not supposed to use the first pass video. I usually just send it
> to the bit bucket.

agree with you, just to show what options i actually used throught this
3 pass

I made some cap from the dvd and a new - shitting - avi, if someone can
tell me what is wrong, thanks.

http://j.a.l.free.fr/tmp

creat_*-DVD.jpg and creat_*.jpg, for_mplayer_user.txt is a little dump
from the dvd format and encoding option