[MPlayer-users] Again: I STILL cannot compile Mplayer on Mac OS X. Please help.

Jessica Blank jb at twu.net
Sun Jun 8 22:22:07 CEST 2003

**Whether or not** I run ./configure with the --disable-qtx-codecs option,
the compile ends like this:

---------------------
ranlib mp3lib/libMP3.a
ranlib libmpeg2/libmpeg2.a
ranlib linux/libosdep.a
ranlib postproc/libswscale.a
ranlib input/libinput.a
ranlib libvo/libvo.a
ranlib libaf/libaf.a
ranlib postproc/libpostproc.a
ranlib libmpdvdkit2/libmpdvdkit.a
gcc -O4   -pipe -ffast-math -fomit-frame-pointer -no-cpp-precomp
-DSYS_DARWIN -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -Ilibmpdemux
-Iloader -Ilibvo       -o mplayer mplayer.o mp_msg.o cpudetect.o
codec-cfg.o cfgparser.o my_profile.o spudec.o playtree.o playtreeparser.o
asxparser.o vobsub.o subreader.o sub_cc.o find_sub.o m_config.o m_option.o
parser-cfg.o m_struct.o unrarlib.o mixer.o parser-mpcmd.o libvo/libvo.a
libao2/libao2.a    libmpcodecs/libmpcodecs.a mp3lib/libMP3.a
liba52/liba52.a libmpeg2/libmpeg2.a   libaf/libaf.a
libmpdemux/libmpdemux.a input/libinput.a postproc/libpostproc.a
postproc/libswscale.a linux/libosdep.a -Llibmpdvdkit2 -lmpdvdkit
libavcodec/libavcodec.a         -lz     -ltermcap     -framework Carbon
-framework Cocoa -framework QuickTime      -lGL  -lXv -lXxf86vm -lXinerama
-L/usr/X11R6/lib -lXext -lX11                    -lm
ld: Undefined symbols:
_InitializeQTML
make: *** [mplayer] Error 1
sh-2.05a#

Googling reveals that someone else had this problem, but no real solution
is given... just a band-aid fix of removing all calls to InitializeQTML()
from libmpcodecs

I'd rather fix it more properly.

What can I do?

J e s s i c a    L e a h    B l a n k