[MPlayer-users] Re: Getting info from mplayer for semi-automatic encoding script

Chris Phillips chris at thirtythreeandathird.net
Thu Jun 5 22:21:02 CEST 2003

actually yes it is wrong... not at all the value taken from dvdread
itself, in lsdvd, i just use:

ifo->vts_pgcit->pgci_srp[ifo[title_set_nr]->vts_ptt_srpt->title[vts_ttn -
1].ptt[0].pgcn - 1].pgc->playback_time

not that i actually undersatnd what's in it... I can understand why
mplayer mightn't be able to take such a direct approach to accessing it,
what with needing to via a comprehensive demuxer and all that stuff
but this total time does shed more light on quite why the dvd seeking
still basically sucks when everything is so so good.

chris
xxxx