[MPlayer-users] Slightly OT: vu meters

Yan Seiner yan at cardinalengineering.com
Sun Jun 1 23:12:24 CEST 2003

Has anyone found any good vu meters for linux?  It seems my recording
levels are all over the place, and it's a real PITA.

My recording box has a pair of really cheap speakers, and it's hard to
tell what the sound will really be like; my playback box is in another
room and not networked - I have to lug it over here and rsync - so
trial-and-error is definitely a trial.

So, I've been looking for a simple graphical VU meter that monitors
whatever channel is being recorded.

It seems I've downloaded all sorts; some don't compile, some compile and
run but don't actually do anything, some do beautiful things but don't
tell me what the sound level is....  I haven't found a simple tool yet.

TIA,

--Yan