[MPlayer-users] mencoder/vobsubout => garbage in subtitles fi le

Hans Meine hans_meine at gmx.net
Mon Jul 28 16:04:29 CEST 2003

On Monday 28 July 2003 15:45, ROED,HAAVARD (HP-Norway,ex1) wrote:
> Being slow as usual, or maybe even slower this time, I may be mistaken, but
> we're talking about converting the bitmaps/IFO which are extracted from the
> DVD with -vobsubout etc to *text* with some kind of OCR tool? If not, then
Right. AFAIK that's what the one did whose text subs you downloaded.

> I ofcourse acknowledge the fact that OCR is a complicated image pattern
> recognition challenge, and that most OCR systems are somewhat fragile.
That's it.

(I believe mplayer _can_ show the bitmap subs, but that's not my field of
activity, I can't help here.. IIRC problems were posted concerning the used
color, which IIRC is also in the .ISO or sth., but I might be wrong.)

--
Ciao, /  /
     /--/