[MPlayer-users] input=1 and vbitrate ignored

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Tue Jul 22 21:38:23 CEST 2003

On Sun, Jul 20, 2003 at 09:16:52PM -0700, Alan Murrell wrote:
> Just to add a little to my original posting: when I play the recording I made
> with 'input=1', I get perfect sound, but instead of a picture, only a blue
> screen.  I am not sure of this has anything to do with the vbitrate not
> getting better than 50 kbit/s .

You have cause and effect totally backwards. The reason video bitrate
is 50 kbit/sec is because there's nothing to encode except a constant
blue screen, which is encoded (essentially) losslessly at 50 kbit/sec.
Apparently you're not getting any video coming in. You should first
play around with getting your card working (with mplayer, or another
app) for watching tv, *then* use mencoder once the problems are worked
out.

Rich