[MPlayer-users] Build instructions for MPlayer 0.90 on Tru64 5.1B

Tobias Nygren tnn at netilium.org
Sun Jul 20 00:16:40 CEST 2003

Here's how I managed to build MPlayer on Tru64 UNIX 5.1B.

Notes:

I don't have a soundcard installed, but I guess it should work if you
have OSS for Tru64 or use NAS. I haven't tried it with the native X server
either as I currently boot on serial console(networked X works in 24bpp).
XV support is broken but it compiles with vo OpenGL. Report if it works.
MPlayer produces a few unaligned references per video frame,
use "uac p noprint" to turn of the messages. Additionally, make install
won't work, due to install(1) behaving differently. You'll have to install
it manually(read Makefile or see below).

Prerequisites:

1. Install any libraries you want to use(with --prefix=/usr/local)

   I used jpeg, png, ogg, vorbis and freetype2.

2. Install gcc 3.3.3, to --prefix=/usr/local/gcc

   You may need gnu iconv and gettext installed with --prefix=/usr/local
   for gcc to build.

3. Install gnu pth 2.0

   build with:
   CFLAGS="-O2" ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/pth \
   --with-fdsetsize=1024 --enable-pthread

   Why install pth? the native pthread.h doesn't compile with gcc.
   This solution worked for me.

4. Edit /usr/local/pth/include/pthread.h
   comment out definition of pthread_kill since it conflicts with signal.h.

Build MPlayer:

1. untar MPlayer

2. edit configure script

   After "X11 libs presence", add /usr/shlib to the list of paths searched.
   Remove option "-pipe" wherever found. -pipe causes as(1) breakage.

3. patch source
   add "typedef long int_fast32_t;" in libavcodec/alpha/asm.h
   (Not sure if int would be faster(on ev5?) but long works at least)

3. configure MPlayer
   Don't forget to add /usr/local/gcc/bin to your $PATH. Then do:
   ./configure --prefix=/usr/local --disable-xv \
   --with-extraincdir="/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/pth/include" \
   --with-extralibdir="/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/pth/lib \
                       -rpath /usr/local/pth/lib"

4. gmake

copy mplayer & mencoder to /usr/local/bin
copy codecs.conf to /usr/local/etc/mplayer/codecs.conf

Good luck!

--
Tobias Nygren
<tnn at netilium.org>