[MPlayer-users] Convert TGA Sequence to MPEG 2

Paul Meyer (SYD) Paul.Meyer at foxtel.com.au
Wed Jul 16 05:54:30 CEST 2003

Hi,

Bit of background......

We have a system with an Optibase card which is an ASI output only card

I have just installed mplayer/mencoder and am trying to convert a
sequence of TGA file to a MPEG 2 Transport Stream file for playout

1: Will   mencoder  allow me to do this?

2: I have been try for s couple of days but seem to be hitting my head
against a brick wall?

3: I have been able to encode the TGA sequence to MTGA and Uncompressed
files.

4: The codecs.conf says I have a mpegpes codec available for use but I
cannot seem to use it

Maybe I am missing something?

I am running Linux 7.3

Kernel 2.4.18

I've downloaded and installed all dependencies

Unfortunately I have been able to do this on Windows platform, but we do
not want to use windows for this application due to reliability
concerns.

Thanks

Paul

This e-mail, and any attachment, is confidential.
If you are not the intended recipient, please
delete it from your system, do not use or disclose
the information in any way, and notify the sender immediately.
Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender
and may not be the views of FOXTEL, unless specifically stated.
No warranty is made that the e-mail or attachment (s) are free
from computer viruses or other defects.