[MPlayer-users] Re: New Mplayer Release???

Alban Bedel albeu at free.fr
Thu Jul 10 14:44:45 CEST 2003

Hi Konstantinos Karydas,

on Thu, 10 Jul 2003 15:00:04 +0300 you wrote:

> DOCS/bugreports.html] Your information is very helpful. Thank you. Could
> you please also send some small examples:
> a) of the input file structure (does this look like the .lircrc with
> 'begin','end' and 'config', i.e. just like inside the LIRC
> documentation?)
It probably doesn't work with normal files. Only with pipes and such.

> b) of the -input file option in the terminal command
> line (simply how do you type this in the command line?)
mplayer -input file=/path/to/your/pipe
or in configfile
input=file=/path/to/your/pipe

> c) of the -slave option together with a test program (the test program
> structure?)
> (I think it is of the form: test_program | mplayer -slave somefile.mpg.
> But what should be the structure of this test_program?)
Such progam just need to print command on it's stdout.

> d) of the -use-stdin option to prevent the mplayer from reading key
> commands as you suggested.
I don't know if this can be really useful or not for you. If you are
not using the slave mode, then mplayer won't read key event from stdin
if you put -use-stdin on the command line.
	Albeu

--

Everything is controlled by a small evil group
to which, unfortunately, no one we know belongs.