[MPlayer-users] subtitles

gabor gabor at realtime.sk
Thu Jan 30 14:50:09 CET 2003

On Thu, 2003-01-30 at 14:19, Dominik Mierzejewski wrote:
> On Thursday, 30 January 2003, Mateusz Skowronski wrote:
> > Hi! Is there any possibility to put the subtitles under the movie? When
> > I use a 28 font, the text covers the whole movie and i cant watch it...
> > I use a X11 output..
>
> RTFM.
> -vop expand=-1:-NN:-1:0
>
> Where NN is how many pixels you want to have at the bottom.

hmm... this is what i want to achieve:

my monitor is a normal 4:3 monitor ( no widescreen )
most movies are widescree, so what i want is to be able to tell
vop-expand to expand the height to achieve 4:3 .
so for example i have a movie which is 640x240, i want -vop expand to
expand it to 640x480...

but of course not all my movies are 640xSomething so i can't just
hardcode expand=640x480.

is there a way to do this?

gabor