[MPlayer-users] mplayer -xxx help

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Jan 29 20:55:10 CET 2003

Hi,

> > Maybe we could add tricky comments/own macros to the manpage for each
> > -xxx help sections, and use a compile-time script to extract that paragraph
> > formatted and compile into the code. It's a big work, but it solves the
> > problem for all langauages, and still one file to update/translate.
>
> Or the old idea: Create all documentations in one meta language
> and convert it to the needed format (man page, source help,
> html, whatever). But I dout it will (can?) be done.

doable, but
- it's a lot of work
- it's a new language doc writers/translators have to learn

imho adding some special tags to manpage is much easier, and we already
removed stuff from html docs which is in the manpage.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

    "However, many people beg for its inclusion in Debian. Why?" - Gabucino
  "Because having new software in Debian is good." - Josselin Mouette
"Because having good software in Debian is new." - Gabucino