[MPlayer-users] STRANGE

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Jan 29 20:51:41 CET 2003

Hi,

> I recently bought a ATHLON XP 1700+ THOROUGHBRED (0.13 micron) and when

> Does this processor really not support SSE ???? While others Athlons XP
> support it ?

it seems

> flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
> mca cmov pat pse36 mmx fxsr syscall mmxext 3dnowext 3dnow

sse/xmm is missing here.
either it has no sse or you need kernel upgrade(?) (or option?) to enable it
afaik athlons have sse disabled by default, it can be enabled by OS (or bios?)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

    "However, many people beg for its inclusion in Debian. Why?" - Gabucino
  "Because having new software in Debian is good." - Josselin Mouette
"Because having good software in Debian is new." - Gabucino