[MPlayer-users] Re: recomended components for mplayer

Albino albino.antonio at fastwebnet.it
Mon Jan 27 16:38:27 CET 2003

gabor farkas ha scritto:

>something more:
>
>if you want to have a fast 3d card under linux you need a nvidia card.
>

>not because there aren't other fast 3d cards, but because they drivers
>suck. ( ati ).
>
>so face it: the only company that cares for linux 3d users, is nvidia.
>and i'm not joking.
>
>simply i want to say that nvidia drivers has MANY problems, but in some
>areas they drivers are a lot better than the drivers for the other 3d
>cards

*ATi's FireGL X1 (under Linux)
*http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/20021231/index.html

BTW I have a very old Matrox Millennium, and a (now old) Radeon ViVo and TV video i/o is working well (with gatos), I'm not interested in 3D but If I had to buil a new Linux 3D workstation *now* I'll buy an ATI FireGL X1.

--

ciao
                                                   albino