[MPlayer-users] Problems with Radeon 9000 pro

Marcus Blomenkamp Marcus.Blomenkamp at epost.de
Sun Jan 26 13:17:15 CET 2003

Am Samstag, 25. Januar 2003 20:58 schrieb Jose Antonio Becerra Permuy:

> Can you use your custom resolutions with XFree 4.2.99? With ATi drivers and
> XFree 4.2.1 (and with Accelerated-X too, I think) you can't define custom
> resolutions, which I would like to do in order to source my video projector
> with its native resolution.

Custom resolutions and timings work without probs here. I'm running two
resolutions:

1152x864 @ 75Hz for normal work, watching divx/dvds
768x576 @ 100Hz for fullscreen TV viewing (receiver does not support scaling)

> What mplayer driver do you use (xv, xvidix, other)?

Until recently I only used xv, now xvidix or vesa/fbdev:vidix to drive the TV
output of the gfx card.

To get XFree-4.2.99 radeon driver running with DRI you need recent kernel
radeon DRM drivers (> 1.5.0). However they were somewhat unstable here, as I
got X lockups from time to time. Don't know if this is fixed yet, you should
give it a try. I turned to having DRI disabled -> no 3D hw-support.

I can't use ATI binary drivers at all since they completely disabled video
overlay support which is needed for my TV card :-(

Best regards, Marcus