[MPlayer-users] Problems with Radeon 9000 pro

Jose Antonio Becerra Permuy ronin at breanca.net
Sat Jan 25 20:58:01 CET 2003

El Sáb 25 Ene 2003 20:12, Marcus Blomenkamp escribió:
> > 	Is anybody using a radeon 9000 based card with mplayer?
> > 	With xv and xvidix drivers I only see the left half of the image.
> > 	gl works well sometimes (although using a lot of cpu), but sometimes
> > there are green, red and blue flashing points in the image.
> > 	x11 driver works well, but, obviously, I would like to use xv or
> > xvidix... BTW, I am using ATi binary drivers.
>
> Thats the problem. ATI drivers suck WRT video. Use dri trunk
> (XFree-4.2.99.*) instead.

Yes, drivers are the problem. I have tried an Accelerated-X demo and mplayer
works well with xv driver (colours are too dark, but that can be fixed).

Can you use your custom resolutions with XFree 4.2.99? With ATi drivers and
XFree 4.2.1 (and with Accelerated-X too, I think) you can't define custom
resolutions, which I would like to do in order to source my video projector
with its native resolution.

What mplayer driver do you use (xv, xvidix, other)?

Thanks Marcus!