[MPlayer-users] Re: yuv4mpeg and scaling

Tobias Diedrich ranma at gmx.at
Fri Jan 24 17:25:10 CET 2003

Michael Lehmeier wrote:

> mplayer -vop expand=460:576:16:8,scale=448:560 -vo x11 -ao null -sws 9
> orig.mpg
>
> However, this does not work when I use yuv4mpeg. It scales straight to
> 460:576, without black bars. I guess this is because yuv4mpeg uses
> hardware scaling.

Hmm, works over here. yuv4mpeg doesn't use hardware scaleing, in any
case... (Tried with stream.yuv fifo and yuvplay)

Personally, I usually add 16pixels to every border
(expand=480:576:16:16,scale=448:544).
Also, I'd suggest you to use -nosound -benchmark instead of -ao null...
(No need to decode sound if you don't output it and benchmark so mplayer
doesn't try to be realtime...)

--
Tobias								PGP: 0x9AC7E0BC
This mail is made of 100% recycled bits