[MPlayer-users] DemoDVD with Mplayer at 60 fps?

Pasi Kärkkäinen pasik at iki.fi
Sun Jan 19 22:27:47 CET 2003

[ Please CC to me, I'm not on the list ]

Hello!

I recently got DemoDVD (MindCandyDVD, http://www.demodvd.org,
http://www.mindcandydvd.com, it contains old and new PC demos as video DVD)
and now I'm thinking how could I play it correctly with Mplayer..

I don't want the two separate fields to be combined to a single frame and then
displayed at "half" the speed (30 fps) instead of full framerate (60fps).

You notice this easily in "high-motion" video's like this..

You can find a test-clip (MPEG2) from demodvd's site:

ftp://ftp.demodvd.org/pub/demodvd/tests/FlickerBox.zip

"These are some files you can test to see how well your software DVD player
plays NTSC 60fps interlaced material."

"A motion test to ensure that your player not only interprets fields
properly, but displays them distinctly instead of blending them together."

Any ideas? PowerDVD in Windows seems to handle this ok..

Thanks!

-- Pasi Kärkkäinen

[ Please CC to me, I'm not on the list ]

                                   ^
                                .     .
                                 Linux
                             Choice.of.the