[MPlayer-users] volume

Carsten Schultz carsten at gnocchi.dialup.fu-berlin.de
Fri Jan 10 01:37:23 CET 2003

Hi!

On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 01:01:25AM +0100, Moritz Bunkus wrote:
> Hi.
>
> > The volume playing a DVD through the aRts output is very low.
>
> Then turn it up.

Although this may solve the problem in some cases, maybe someone
should have a closer look at it anyway.  For example, I have found it
necessary to change the volume when encoding to mp3, because otherwise
the bitrate was too low.

Does maybe the AC3 decoding and mixing to two channels produce
consistently low volume?  Then I would vote for fixing that.

Greetings,

Carsten

--
Carsten Schultz (2:40, 33:47), FB Mathematik, FU Berlin
http://www.math.fu-berlin.de/~cschultz/