[MPlayer-users] mplayer VCD

Cybermix cybermix at hotpop.com
Wed Jan 8 11:42:23 CET 2003

I am trying to play vcd using mplayer (rc2) in Redhat 8.0. The VCD i
play comes with a track selection menu, when I use 'mplayer -vcd 1'...
However... mplayer hangs at the display without responding to my mouse
to 'select' a track for playing. I can neither close the mplayer gui
using the close button, but only to Ctrl-C or kill the mplayer thread.
Yes I know I can simply use 'mplayer -vcd 2' or others to solve this
problem, but does anyone knows how to navigate in that menu? I tried the
DVDNAV stated in the man page, but nothing seems working...

Thanks...