[MPlayer-users] dvd encoding, how to get all audio tracks and all subtitles

Daniel Heiserer danielheiserer at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 3 13:55:27 CET 2003

Hi,
how can I extract all the subtitles of a dvd into
ascii readable form (is that mpsub?)?
How can I encode the video separated from the audio?
How can I extract all audio channels separately?

After enconding I would like to have something like
this:
--------------
mydvd-video.mpg4
mydvd-audio-en.mp3
mydvd-audio-de.mp3
mydvd-audio-es.mp3
mydvd-sub-en.txt
mydvd-sub-de.txt
mydvd-sub-es.txt
----------------
I suppose it should be somehow possible to do
that right now with "mencoding" the whole dvd for each
"mydvd-*"-file, but I did not find the relevant
options to get the subtitles and the audio.

At least the subtitles should be done much faster
if I only encode the subtitles. Also audio should
be faster then together with video.

I want to be able to mix any combination of audio and
subtitles as I was before (DVD structure).

thanks, daniel