[MPlayer-users] Can't encode a DVD to an AVI with MONO sound :(

Patrick Kirchner patrickkirchner at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 28 23:36:51 CET 2003

 D Richard Felker III <dalias at aerifal.cx> wrote:
 Hello,
SNIP

-lameopts vbr=3 vol=10 mode=3 -o
^      ^
You need colons here!!!!! RTFM.

Rich

I've been reading the manual and trying to get this to work for the past 5 hours :(  I swear I'm doing it right but it still creates 2 channel audio.

Could someone please spell out for me the correct syntax for creating MONO audio?

-oac mp3lame -lameopts mode=3 -o somemonofile.avi

The above is what I believe should work, but it doesn't create 1ch audio :(

Thanks very much,

Patrick.