[MPlayer-users] Re: Mplayer on a Live CD

Rainer Koehler koehler at mpia-hd.mpg.de
Fri Feb 28 17:31:54 CET 2003

Luis.F.Correia wrote:

> The objective is to have a bootable CD with a minimal Linux setup and all
> codecs/vo's to transform MPlayer in a 'media center' for my living room ;)

I think you want one of the packages on http://movix.sourceforge.net/

I use eMoviX a few times.  It puts a minimal Linux-system with mplayer
on a CD and makes it bootable.  The system needs only a few MB, so
there's plenty of space for movies.  There's also a system that boots
and then allows you to change the CD (I think).

The version of mplayer is pretty old, but if enough people ask nicely
enough, we might be able to convince the maintainer to create a
version with a current mplayer :-)

HTH
Rainer