[MPlayer-users] Playlist options and keyboard shortcuts

Sycotic Smith sycotic at linuxmail.org
Wed Feb 26 21:45:07 CET 2003

> I am planning on using mplayer in our upcoming university play.
> I need to do the following:
>
> 1) set up a list of clips in the play list to play in order
> 2) play these clips in order, but not one after each other:
> what is the keyboard shortcut to stop the next clip playing OR
> to stop the player and then press a key to go onto the next clip.
>
> At the moment the clips play one after another, which is not really what I
> want.
> I have found that you can press enter, to continue onto the next clip without
> playing the current one, but I don't know how to stop or pause from the
> keyboard. Obviously I cannot have the graphical interface up and use the
> mouse to pause and click as this will be projected onto the screen, looking
> very poor.
>
> I would appeciate any help you could give me.
>
> I am using SuSE 8.1
> If your program cannot do this, can anyone suggest one that can, maybe
> vlc a text based client?
>
> thanks
> george

Well, first off, did you RTFM at ALL?  This is covered, once in the manuals, and also AT LEAST 5 times in the mailing list archives...

Hints:
'<' previous file
'>' next file
'p' or 'spacebar' pause

If you are using a presentation, maybe you should look into LIRC as well, then you can set it up with a remote control...

/S. Smith