[MPlayer-users] DVD - Split Screen

Vince Turzo vlt at pacbell.net
Mon Feb 24 20:39:23 CET 2003

I just downloaded and installed mplayer on a Toshiba Satellite 1805-S203
laptop running Mandrake 9.0.  In trying to watch a DVD movie, mplayer
started playing the DVD in fullscreen with audio, but the screen was split.
On the left side was a well resolved image, and on the right side was the
same image less well resolved with vertical lines showing in it.  Has anyone
else encountered a problem similar to this or have any ideas on changes in
settings or fixes?  By the way, the same thing happens when I try and play
avi movie files encoded on a CD-ROM.  Thanks.  Vince