[MPlayer-users] libmpeg

Daniel Sadoc Menasche sadoc at land.ufrj.br
Mon Feb 24 20:38:17 CET 2003

Hi,

Please, I would like some help concerning libmpeg. I´m trying to play a
film which I receive via udp.  Sometimes blocks are lost, and corrupted
data arrives to mplayer.  Then, I receive the following message:

@@@ libmpeg2 returned from sig11... (bad file?) @@@

After a lot of messages, sometimes mplayer crashes.

I would like to know how may I solve this problem.  Would it be a good
idea to filter the data which I send to mplayer, in order to send just
garbage free data to mplayer? In other words: is this problem generated by
the fact that I´m sending too much trash to mplayer?

Does mplayer use libmpeg2 to play mpeg video?  Is libmpeg2 a publically
available library?  What kind of work is done by mplayer, and by libmpeg2?

Thanks.

Regards,
Daniel Sadoc