[MPlayer-users] What file system will let me have a indexed file over 4 gb

darkshadow at shaw.ca darkshadow at shaw.ca
Sun Feb 23 20:44:59 CET 2003

I am trying to capture video using from tv then edit out commercials but without a index I can't get rid of the commercials.

I have a 19gb video file that has no index and if I use the command "mencoder recording.avi -vo copy -ao copy -idx" it freezes when the output hits 4gb even and if I just try to watch it with a index "mplayer recording.avi -idx" when I go to the scene at the 4 gb mark it freezes. Watching it without a index works fine all the way through.

So is there any file system I could use to get rid of these limitation since I heard this is a file system problem. Plus if it requires more then a simple modification to the kernels config instructions would be nice