[MPlayer-users] IRIX quicktime > corrupt sound on x86 LINUX

Rob rob at dsvr.net
Sat Feb 22 23:43:19 CET 2003

Hi,

Sound seems corrupt on playback of quicktime movie files created with
IRIX 6.5 media tools with any recent version of mplayer <= 0.90rc4. I've
noted the problem for at least the last year, but haven't ever said
anything until now as I always assumed it was my problem. After 5 hours
tonight, I'll try posting here :)

Examples of the files can be found here :

http://thecave.reality.dsvr.net/movies/octane/sound-test/full-quicktime-jpega-vid-test.mov

log of mplayer :

http://thecave.reality.dsvr.net/movies/octane/sound-test/full-quicktime-jpega-vid-test.log

Some technical info of my system :

http://thecave.reality.dsvr.net/c/pc1-details.txt

System is running Debian 3.0 testing with mplayer + tones of software
updated by me.

Sorry if this report is a little weak. My brain is melting :)

Best!

--

Rob Fielding

<rob at dsvr.net>