[MPlayer-users] Creating a movie from jpg files which can be viewed with Windows Media Player

Craig Aumann mrblackadder at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 21 02:25:55 CET 2003

I'm new to Mplayer and Mencoder, and am trying to
create a movie from a sequence of jpeg files.  I can
create the movie fine and view it with Mplayer, but
when I try to view the movie with Windows Media
Player, it won't work - I get the error

"Cannot play back the video stream: No suitable
decompressor could be found."

I have created the movie files three different ways:

 mencoder -mf on:w=640:h=512:fps=4 -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=wmv1 -o  habitat.avi joined.\*.jpg

rm habitat.mpg
mencoder -mf on:w=640:h=512:fps=4 -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg4 -o  habitat.mpg joined.\*.jpg

rm habitat.afs
mencoder -mf on:w=640:h=512:fps=4 -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=wmv2 -o  habitat.afs  joined.\*.jpg
Is there any way to have mencoder create a file which
can be viewed on Media Player without having to fiddle
about with codec's on Windows?

I'm sure people have solved this before, so I look
forward to hearing about possible solutions.

Please email me directly with any suggestions.

Thanks!
Craig