[MPlayer-users] Re: inverse telecine... not

gabor gabor at z10n.net
Thu Feb 20 13:44:37 CET 2003

On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 09:54:39PM -0500, D Richard Felker III wrote:

> > btw. (maybe stupid) .. how can i know if my dvd was telecined?
>
> Watch it with -fps 1 and look at the individual frames. If you see 3
> good frames followed by 2 horrible ugly interlaced frames, it's
> telecined.

> But some stuff, especially animation that's originally drawn at 24 fps
> but then made for airing on television in the US or Japan, is actually
> 'hard telecined' before encoding the DVD. :((

like my flcl :(

btw. i tried your -vop detc and works wonderfully, thanks a lot :)

but now i have pictures like : a b c d d | a b c d d, you know....

would it be somehow possible to adjust it to show only:
a b c d | a b c d | a b c d | ?.. i know it couldn't be done at the vop
level (or maybe could ? ) so i was thinking that simply throw away those
duplicates and adjust the fps... as that possible?

gabor