[MPlayer-users] Re: correct order for pp filtering in vop

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Wed Feb 19 23:41:11 CET 2003

On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 05:31:32PM +0000, Chris Phillips wrote:
> > mplayer -dumpfile part1.vob -chapter 1-10 -dvd 1 -dumpstrea
> > mplayer -dumpfile part2.vob -chapter 11-20 -dvd 1 -dumpstream
>
> so if i copy entire chapters do you still have serious objections to -ovc
> copy-ing it instead? i really weant to be able to provide the end user
> with some status and progress information, as well as the output file
> being smaller.

I expect with the pseudo-telecine in most NTSC DVDs, you'll have A/V
sync problems (or at least video choppiness) if you try to copy the
stream into an AVI container directly. It might work with -ofps
23.976, but that could lead to a few frame drops, and frame drops are
VERY bad with -oac copy since they'll mess up subsequent predicted
frames.

Rich