[MPlayer-users] wich graphic card?

Stephen Mollett molletts at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 18 22:31:54 CET 2003

On Tuesday 18 Feb 2003 21:05, Olivier Warin wrote:
> ... my idea is to buy cheap card without great 3d rendering features.
> because i don't need it.
> but i want a card wich works great with mplayer ;)
> i would have chosen this one:
> Matrox G550 32MB DualHead AGP

You can't go far wrong with a Matrox card. My G400 works extremely well using
the mga_vid driver. The image quality (on a good monitor) is excellent, and
the hardware is rock-solid. The XFree86 driver is very good, too.

I don't know how the 3D compares with a GeForce2; I've never used an nVidia
card. It seems fast enough to me on Unreal Tournament, using AGP 4x.

Stephen