AW: [MPlayer-users] Problems with compiling MPlayer

Tue Feb 18 21:04:49 CET 2003

On Tue, 18 Feb 2003, Kopf Helmut {AVL~Graz} wrote:

KHA>	./configure --disable-dvdread --disable-mpdvdkit	(because
KHA>this old linux system has problems
KHA>with dvd-support - I had the same problem
KHA>with compiling xine ...)
KHA>			--enable-qtx-codecs
KHA>	make
KHA>- and I received following error-message:

make sure you have libungif installed (or was it libgif in old suse?).
If you have and mplayer just could not find it, add its path to
configure (there is a switch). Or, edit config.mak and add -lgif to to
"GIF_LIB =" line. Or just switch gif support off - if you don't really
need it, you'll lose nothing.

--

Vladimir