[MPlayer-users] Re: mencoder a-v sync and DVDs (again)

Michael Waters stonin at rogers.com
Mon Feb 17 00:20:30 CET 2003

On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 18:34 -0800, Corey Hickey wrote:
> I don't mean to sound like I'm nagging, but could anybody (Arpi?) tell
> me if there are any plans for looking at the DVD encoding audio sync
> bug, as reported by myself and christopher j bottaro? That's the only
> thing that's stopping me from encoding my DVDs right now, as everything
> else I do with 0_90 CVS works flawlessly and awesomely.
>
> My first bugreport is available here:
> ftp://ftp.mplayerhq/hu/MPlayer/incoming/avsync
> http://bugfood.casa-z.org/mpbug/report1/
>
> ..and my second is at:
> ftp://ftp.mplayerhq/hu/MPlayer/incoming/avsync
> http://bugfood.casa-z.org/mpbug/report2/
>
> I'd really appreciate it if somebody could tell me what's going on.

Hi,

Is there any chance that disabling the new telecine detection and a/v
delay fix would fix the a/v sync for mencoder ?  mencoder seemed to be
producing files that were in sync for me with ntsc dvds and `-ofps
23.976` before the telecine detection and a/v delay fix.  Maybe a
mencoder command line switch would be possible unless a better fix is
found?

I've tried playing a couple dvds and mplayer rc4 now plays ntsc dvds
flawlessly without the delay and all the choppiness is gone.  This is
great! Thank you to Arpi and the developers.  But i'm sorry to hear
about the a/v sync trouble with mencoder now.  I haven't tried recent
mencoder builds but files I made dvd -> mpeg4 with older mencoder
didn't seem to have any a/v sync problems and they looked very smooth
to me.

Michael