[MPlayer-users] smp?

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Sun Feb 16 21:48:39 CET 2003

On Sun, Feb 16, 2003 at 09:22:25PM +0100, gabor wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 16, 2003 at 01:21:00PM -0800, Brian Craft wrote:
> > There's no problem with the audio driver. "-ao null" has no effect.

> > > no, RTFM about possible reasons (my guess is broken sourdcard driver)
> >
> > I guess I'm missing a big clue here. If mplayer is not threaded, how would it
> > avoid leaving a 2nd cpu idle?
>
> i think arpi meant that that ( dropping frames while using 50%cpu )
> shouldn't happen => there's something wrong => he thinks your soundcard
> driver is the problem

No, SMP systems report cpu usage as "50%" when one cpu is fully loaded
and the other is idle. So this guy probably just has a really slow cpu
(Celeron 333 or something? ;)

If that's not the case, then Arpi may be right that his sound driver
is broken, or perhaps he's using a crappy -vo (like x11).

Rich